We’re so glad you asked! There are many ways that you can help Reid get a new liver.
- Share their story. The more people who know, the more chances he has of the right person seeing his story and knowing of the perfect donor. Ways to share:
- Sharing this website via social media
- Sharing one of Abby’s latest blog posts, like this one here
- Add their story to your church newsletter, and share with your pastor
- Directed liver donation. See “Reid’s Story” for more information.
- Donate to their fundraiser. If Reid does not find a directed donor in the Houston area, they will likely have to move to Indianapolis or Cleveland to have a transplant. This will require Abby to take an even longer leave of absence from work, and Reid may be put on long-term disability. They are also looking at expenses to send potential living donors to Cleveland to be tested. The link to their fundraising site can be found here.
- Purchase a shirt to help spread the word. Shirts may be purchased here, and all proceeds go to their medical expenses.
- Register to be an organ donor. Obviously Reid and Abby are very passionate about organ donation, and feel strongly that organ donors are life donors. If you’re not registered to be an organ donor, please sign up today. Also, make sure your family knows about your decision to be an organ donor.